Safety and PPE
Specialist advice and partnering are critical to delivering to WHS requirements. While price is important, the cost of poor supply can quickly outweigh a few dollars here or there.
Safety equipment is critical for many businesses. Buy wrong and it can put lives at risk which outweighs a few dollars that you could save. This is just not an area to cut corners yet many try to do so.
Safety products encompass all the items required to meet the duty of care and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) standards.
Signage and First Aid are commodity items which may require a small amount of consultation to implement correctly.
Workwear and PPE are generally a more complex issue. Many businesses have standards on protective quality. A product that meets standards may not be ideal for the worker due to fit, durability or comfort. Getting the right product requires a cooperative approach with a partner who can add value. The right strategy is a partner who can deliver on large-scale production as well as everyday needs. By choosing the right partner you can optimise your budget as well as minimise leakage.
Transparency creates accountability
Supply Clusters provides transparent reporting on Safety and PPE through our member portal. Simply sign up to our Standing Offer arrangement and your data will be available 24/7. Members have access to all of their data including detail on every single transaction. Join today, start saving on Safety and PPE and see all the detail you need to manage your needs:
- Quantity and Spend by period
- Purchases by cost centre
- Transactional level detail on each product ordered
Things to look out for when choosing a Safety and PPE supplier
Fit for purpose
There is a difference between a product that meets standards and one that is ideal. A cheaper product that meets standards may not deliver on employee comfort and fit. This could impact worker productivity as well as the lifetime of the workwear.
A cheaper alternative
This is replacing premium or branded product with a cheaper product. Generic brands offer valid ways to save over branded products. They often do the same job but may not deliver the same result.
Better buying outcome
Choosing the right safety supplier will help manage costs, mitigate risk and improve productivity. You should choose a supplier who can:
- Handle large scale roll outs as well as cater for day-to-day purchasing needs
- Provide local back up for fast turnaround on ad hoc needs
- Provide access to specialised pricing in-store
- Has a national team of dedicated specialists
Supply Clusters Offer
Supply Clusters partner with RSEA as our preferred partner for Safety Equipment and PPE
Members receive the following benefits from RSEA:
- A range of contracted items at 30-40% off market rate
- A discount off list pricing across the entire range
- Platinum pricing for large and small business
- Unit cost savings
- A team of nationwide safety specialists who can conduct safety audits at your site
- Expanding number of store locations nationwide
- Ordering and buying behaviour compliance tools
- On-line portal to access your spend data
- Volume rebates (Premium Members) across all spend