Food and Beverage
Providing a well stocked kitchen helps keep staff and customers happy. This does not mean that it needs to damage the bottom line.
While every business is different, most use a common approach. It is important to provide food and beverages that keep staff happy. Many offer basic coffee, tea and biscuits. The range of what you offer will depend on the type of organisation you are.
Whether you offer the basics or provide premium options, there are ways to buy better. Two simple methods are to rationalise products and streamline suppliers.
There is a range of options not available to domestic buyers you should consider. Whether it is bulk packs or dispensing options it is wise to seek expert help.
Transparency creates accountability
Supply Clusters provides transparent reporting on Food and Beverage products through our portal. Sign up to our Standing Offer arrangement with Winc and your data will be available 24/7. Members have access to their data including detail on every single transaction. Join today, start saving on Food and Beverage products and see all the detail you need to manage your needs:
- Quantity and Spend by period
- Purchases by cost centre
- Transactional level detail on each product ordered
Things to know and look out when choosing food and beverage
Catering to individual preferences
Food and beverage are about as personal as you can get. Some like strawberry and some like chocolate. While everyone likes different things, this is not practical in the workplace. You need to provide a range that suits the majority and caters for dietary preferences.
Think about healthy options
Traditional thinking around a coffee and a biscuit have not kept up with modern workplaces. Rather than loading up staff with sugary and fatty treats – consider some healthy options. This will keep your staff energised and more productive.
Milk and fruit
Fresh milk for coffee and tea or supplying fresh fruit is nothing new. How and where you buy it can save both time and money. Running to the shops works for urgent needs but it should not be a normal practice. There are also differences between suppliers and the quality of their produce.
Better buying outcome
Choosing the right supplier for food and beverage will deliver time and cost savings. We recommend a provider who delivers on the following criteria:
- Provides you the opportunity to combine ordering with other commodities.
- Has the geographical coverage to deliver to all your locations in a consistent manner.
- Specialist Advice – understands the needs of different industries.
- Has a broad range of brand name products as well as quality generic brand products.
Supply Clusters Offer
Supply Clusters partner with Winc to help you keep the kitchen stocked at a good price
Members receive the following benefits from Winc
- Access to a contracted basket of over 300 items with an annual review conducted by Supply Clusters
- Fresh Milk and fruit delivered and consolidated on one invoice
- Ability to reduce the number of vendors and standardise products
- All prices fixed with an annual review conducted by Supply Clusters
- Access to volume rebates across (Premium Members) all spend with Winc