No energy for managing your growing energy bills?
Work with us to reduce your energy consumption
The energy market for business is not easy to navigate. The market changes monthly and a wide choice of energy retailers do little to make the decision process easy.
Those with extensive knowledge and time can go it alone to secure energy contracts. The majority of us lack the knowledge and time to secure the contract that is right for our business.
Energy is an unavoidable and often large expense for many businesses. It is an expense where it is wise to call in experts with market knowledge and skill. Guessing and hoping for a good outcome could end up being very ugly.
The best possible energy rate is the goal of most organisations. But how can you be sure you are getting the best rate? Are you buying at the best time of the energy cycle? Once you have received some supplier quotes, how do you decipher which one is best?
Transparency creates accountability
Supply Clusters provides transparent reporting on Energy Management through our member portal. Simply sign up to our Standing Offer arrangement with Energy Action and your data will be available 24/7. Members have access to all of their energy spend data. Join today, start saving on Energy Management and see all the detail you need to manage your Energy usage:
- Network charges clearly visible
- Metering cost and quantity
- Monitoring fees and charges
Things to know and look out for in the energy category
Errors in bills
Up to 1 in 5 electricity bills contain one or more errors. No surprise then that there were over $1.68M in bill credits in the Fiscal Year ending June 2015. Retailers have up to 5 years to claim undercharges back from you so preparation can avoid nasty bill shock.
Lack of transparency
There are 100’s of tariffs, network and other charges. This provides fertile ground for incorrect charging. In some cases a lack of detail on invoices which only show summaries may also lead to incorrect charging.
Peak vs Off Peak
Time of day charging may deliver a saving where the business has a good energy management plan in place. The lack of an energy plan may make it difficult to understand which approach is right for you. Peak vs off-peak may end up actually costing more.
Peak use is the determining factor for monthly network charges. Advice on managing the peak can generate significant savings on network charges.
Better Buying Outcome
After reviewing a number of direct to supplier as well as market aggregators, Supply Clusters recommends the following considerations as part of your energy strategy:
- Consider energy saving options such as solar, LED and power factor correction
- Look at the timing of when you go to contract (market supply/demand dynamic). Avoid going to market at peak periods such as June.
- An energy auction will cause the suppliers to bid for your business. A stronger outcome is delivered whether you have a single site or many sites when there is some ‘tension in the bow’.
- Select a market intermediary who can give you transparency across all providers – not just a handful.
- Choose an energy procurement provider who is a business specialist.
Supply Clusters Offer
Supply Clusters partner with Energy Action who specialise in Energy Management across procurement and monitoring.
Members receive the following benefits from Energy Action:
- Free Reverse Energy Auction with all major suppliers.
- Brokerage fee paid by the retailer not the customer.
- Low rates for ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- A transparent energy procurement process.
- Advanced contract management and energy use reporting.