Every business needs a cleaner. It may be a role assigned to a staff member or an external contractor. The importance of cleaning varies by industry. From those with simple requirements to those such as the food industry. For food the choice of a cleaning supplier is paramount. Simply choosing the lowest price quoted can lead to disaster.
It is important to consider whether price should be the driving factor. All risks associated with permitting entry into your premises should need to be considered. Taking a shortcut in this area to save a small amount of money may have undesirable consequences.
You need to consider security and quality when choosing a cleaning services provider.
Better Buying Outcome
A good cleaning provider will deliver a healthy and more productive working environment. We recommend a provider who delivers on the following criteria:
- Provides employed staff with relevant training and police checks rather than non-vetted contractors.
- Considers broader hygiene needs rather than just offering a flat rate or per hour approach.
- Consolidates all needs and eliminates the potential of greater cost through add-on’s.
- Has a clear process of supervision for quality control.
- Is compliant with relevant industry standards.
Things to know and look out when choosing a cleaning services provider
You should consider the consequences of allowing access to unknown persons. This adds risk as cleaning is often done when staff are not around.
Cost per hour
Cost per hour may deliver some benefits. It may also deliver inflexibility. This may deliver a contract which does not encompass all needs. An adversarial approach to contract negotiations may result in under-quoting to achieve a target.
Add on pricing
This may occur on both services and consumables. Under a cost per hour approach, extra services may incur higher rates. A non-transparent margin on consumables may also occur. This approach will maximise profit for a supplier who has quoted lower per hour.
The difference between a proper clean and a poor clean is not always obvious. Ensure contract cleaners are not using cheaper contract staff without adequate supervision. Short cuts can be taken and make things appear clean. This is even more important if the cleaners are the only people on site after hours.
Supply Clusters Offer
We partner with Biniris for cleaning services.
Supply Clusters members receive the following benefits from Biniris:
- P&L for each site.
- Partners not contractors.
- Trackable Performance – available 24/7.
- ISO certified.
- National coverage to provide you with one supplier and consistent service.