Say good bye to pallet pain
Innovate With Lower Cost, Lower Weight and Improved Sustainability
Forward Thinking and Cost-Effective. A Supply Chain Solution meeting Wood, Landfill and Environment Challenges
The problem of managing pallet costs has been ongoing for years. The choices in a market such as Australia are limited in finding a solution for our customers. We could deliver a price reduction in fractions of a cent per pallet per day on pooled pallets. But this does not tackle other costs in the pallet cost matrix (freight, environmental and waste).
In-the-end, we decided to do it ourselves. BoxnLoad was born as a Supply Clusters business.
Why are wooden pallets a problem for many Australian businesses?
Australia faces a long-term supply deficit of softwood timber. We are now net importers of softwoods. This challenge will not go away anytime soon. It takes over 20 years for softwood trees such as pine to mature even if we start planting now.
The flow-on effect from the softwood shortage is that the price of wooden pallets is rising. Add the increasing cost of disposal of one-way wooden pallets to landfill ($5^) and it doesn’t stack up anymore.
Why Cardboard Pallets tick all the boxes
- Reduce supply chain cost.
- Cut waste to landfill – 100% recyclable.
- Reduce weight and save on Export costs.
- End the need for slip-sheets.
- Export compliant – no heat or chemical treatment required.
- Increase sustainability – 100% recyclable.
- Increase environmental credentials – comprised of over 50% recycled material.
- Dust-free suitable for both food, medical and pharmaceutical applications*.
- Cool-room safe*.
- Freezer room safe*.
- Carry weight up to 1 tonne*.
- Suitable for multi-use in many cases*.
Time to Innovate Your Supply Chain Thinking.
Being innovative doesn’t mean that you have to be the first.
IKEA implemented cardboard pallets in 2012+:
“In 2012, IKEA rolled out a game-changing invention. They switched to single-use cardboard platforms (paper pallets). This has enabled IKEA to move its products faster & cheaper. With less damage to the environment, and less injuries for its employees…”
But innovation does mean that you are serious about delivering on a better result.
Supply Clusters Offer
BoxnLoad brings an innovative and scalable approach to reducing the supply chain costs of wooden pallets.
Supply Clusters members receive the following benefits from BoxnLoad:
- Support during proof of concept testing
- Competitive pricing
- On-line portal to access your spend data
- A dedicated support team
* See manufacturer’s guidelines for more information
^ Wasteflex Management Services